Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Feeling My Age

People on the Gold Coast, scratch that, men on the Gold Coast, love to yell out their car windows as they drive by you walking, jogging, biking or pretty much doing anything that catches their pervy attention. I like to think that I've become somewhat desensitized to this for the most part, but an incident today definitely threw me for a loop. As I walked down the sidewalk toward the beach after dropping off my bike down in Miami (sidenote: there is a Miami Beach here, and I vow to get a picture next to the 'Welcome to Miami' sign before I leave), I heard a high pitched voice shout

"YEAHHHHHHH, MAMA!"

out the window of a passing car. I whipped my head around and saw that the offender looked something like this:


And all I could think, as I walked on shaking my head, was yes, young man, I am sadly old enough to be your mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment