Monday, April 4, 2011

Holding My Breath

This just in: I'm becoming quite the expert at holding my breath here lately. I've honed this talent through the ultrasound, CT Scan and MRI that I've had in the past month, where they each require you to suck in and hold for about 25 seconds at a time. And repeat. For upwards of 45 minutes in some cases! Apparently, this helps to keep your internal organs from moving so they can be ready for their close up. I don't mean to brag, but even my liver surgeon remarked that my breath holding skills were top notch, as there wasn't a single blurry image in my report!

My talent at work! 'The Todd' (my tumor) is the white mass in my liver (on the left of this picture).



As a currently unemployed, and admittedly somewhat confused, person, I'm looking for ways to cash in on this newly discovered talent and someday make a living from it. In the meantime, I'm practicing my skill until July, when I will learn whether the lovely tumor that is occupying nearly 40% of my liver will shrink, remain the same or grow. As long as it's not the last of those options, I believe it will be smooth sailing from there...

I hope you will each do me a favor and hold YOUR breath that there is only good news from here on out. And you just might find out you have a hidden talent too!

1 comment:

  1. Hey just saw this and I'm so sorry to hear about your liver tumor! Stupid liver! Will be thinking of you lots and holding MY breath for good news in July. XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete