Thursday, August 5, 2010

BrisVegas



Back in Brisbane and enjoying the beautiful 'Winter' weather. My days are spent in sleeveless shirts and flip flops (or thongs, but not the kind you are picturing). A couple of days back, Simon and I took a drive down to Moreton Bay and had fish and chips overlooking the water, followed by a walk down Shorncliffe Pier.









Yesterday, I ventured into the city for some long overdue shopping! I didn't end up coming home with much, but it was still a fun outing. In addition to hitting the stores, I walked to the Gallery of Modern Art, where I unfortunately missed the Valentino Retrospective (celebrating the past, present and future of his work) by a mere two days. So bummed by this! I decided to check out the GoMA anyway and was even able to peek over the curtains from the second floor to see a little bit of the Valentino exhibit below.



I then wandered down to the Southbank Parklands and had lunch overlooking the river, a fake beach and Brisbane's version of the London Eye.

Walkway to the Parklands



The Brisbane Eye



View of the 'beach'



Watch out, world! Tents are going up for Brisbane Fashion Week



Lovely city of Brisbane



I successfully navigated the train system home in the afternoon, which made this 'clueless' American feel pretty darn good about herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment